Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Weekend Recap!

It seems like every week is just FLYING by lately and that there are just not enough hours in the weekend to get everything done that needs to get done. I'm sure I'm not the only one that is experiencing this. I think it's called getting old!
This past weekend was a great one though. I ran the furthest distance to date for me so far...a long 11 MILES!! And what's even better is that I did it with one of my most favorite people. She is really a great friend and to be honest I don't think I would have been able to do it without her! Around mile 3 my knee started to act up like it does every now and then and I thought I was done for. I really, really thought about giving up...until my wonderful friend yelled at me and told me I WAS NOT GIVING UP. {She says she didn't yell but she did lol!} AND you know what, she was right!! I was able to work it out over the next mile or so and after that we were smooth sailing.
I am so proud of myself for doing the entire 11 miles! For someone that could barely do a mile about 6 months ago I would have to say I've made some good progress :)




After our run we joined a few of the other people I run with for some breakfast at this little hole in the wall place called Gourmet Bakery & Cafe. And let me tell you, it was AMAZING! If anyone is ever in the area and wants a good breakfast GO THERE!

http://www.thewoodlandsgourmetbakery.com/

Sunday morning I went on my very first bike ride on my new road bike with the hubby! AND I DIDN'T DIE!! I was terrified to clip in and out of the pedals but I did it. Woot Woot!
We only did about 10 miles and my rear-end is still sore. The hubby says it'll get better and he better be right because this is no bueno :/

All in all it was a very active, busy weekend and I loved every minute!

0 comments:

Post a Comment