Thursday, January 3, 2013

PaleO-My-Gosh!

I decided to give Paleo a try. You know, eating like they did back in the paleolithic time. AKA the Caveman Diet. The Primal Diet. The OMG That's A Lot of Meat and Veggies Diet.
I started reading up on it a few months back when I was still trying to lose the last little bit of baby weight. At the time I didn't think I could give up my dairy and grains so I opted to go Clean instead. (Omitting anything processed or artificially flavored, etc) Let me tell you, it was the most amazing, life changing experience! Not only was it way easier than expected to follow, I lost all baby weight plus some and gained a new respect for my body and what I put in it.
Although I lost weight, I NEED TO TONE UP! That's where Paleo comes in. Bring on the meats, veggies, proteins and fruits! I am ready to meat like a man...a Cave Man...and get some Lean Muscle in the process!!! So far it's been a fairly easy transition. The only thing I really needed to omit from my diet had been dairy and grains. (i.e. my Greek Yogurt, Hummus and Oatmeal) I'm really praying I don't die without my hummus. It's my vice. I love it. But I think I'll be ok because I'm now allowing myself bacon. Lovely, salty, wonderful bacon. Noms!!
I'm hoping to add some recipes soon of what I've made so far. I should be able to make time after my run tonight :)





0 comments:

Post a Comment