Monday, January 7, 2013

1, 2, 3 Stitches!!

As I'm sure many of you know, 99% of the time when you talk to your children it goes in one ear and out the other. Especially when you're telling them to do something...like "use your inside voice" or "pick up your toys" or "watch your step going down the stairs". That last one is one my 4 year old will remember from now on after this past weekend though.
Now, I'm not exactly the most graceful of people. As a matter of fact I am probably classified as a level above clumsy. And unfortunately my wonderful rambunctious son, Hunter, takes after me in that respect. We're constantly having to tell him to BE CAREFUL!
Yesterday, as I'm right in the middle of changing my 7 month old's diaper, I hear a couple of bangs and a crash and I look up to see Hunter laid out on the tile floor. Somehow though he still had his feet on the second to last step. This was immediately followed by him screaming bloody murder. Now keep in mind, I at this point have no clue what the heck happened as I am still changing a diaper, so the only thing I could think to do was tell for my hubby to come assess the situation.
It's a bloody mess! Turns out he busted his chin wide open! After going back and forth, Hubs and I decide to just get a butterfly bandage and hope it closes...Which it doesn't. So to the emergency clinic we go! :/
3 stitches later Hunter is as good as new!
And ever since then he has been holding on to the handrail and taking one step at a time. I think he finally learned his lesson!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment