Saturday, January 5, 2013

9.5 Miles on the Books

As some of y'all might know, I am training for my very first Half Marathon!! I've got a little less than 2 months left until the big day and I am so excited. Every Saturday I meet up with my running group and we run, talk, gossip...you know all that fun stuff.
Today was my longest run so far...9.5 MILES!! I woke up all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, energized and ready to go! Until I saw what the weather was like outside. I dreary 38°...oh yeah, and it was POURING DOWN RAIN.
Now I'm not one to go hide inside when it's raining out. I actually love a rainy run. But I do not love it when it's a heavy rain on top of it being cold out. However, I still laced up my shoes and headed out.
When we got to the Y where we were all meeting I could tell quite a few people chickened out because of the weather. After about 15 minutes of us debating if we were really going out in it or not we decided to JUST DO IT! And I was so happy that I did...even if my hat and gloves were soaking wet and my feet turned into prunes. But I was glad that my shoes got a good washing. They still had a bit of color on them from The Color Run in November!!
So, I can now put down 9.5 miles in the books. I've got this! At least that is what I keep telling myself.




After my lovely 9.5 mile run my amazing hubby decided we needed lunch. Which is great...I was starving. He mentioned Curry Chips. Any other time I'd be all about that. Bu as you might know, Paleo is a no white potato diet!! Needless to say I broke Paleo...yes, I BROKE PALEO FOR CURRY CHIPS!! And you know what, I'm not ashamed. They were amazing. And one meal will not kill me. I hope! (There I go making excuses again! Lol)






2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you girl! You are my shero! I'm so happy to see you killin the runnin. Where is your first half going to be at and what race is it? I'm stilllll soooooo excited for you!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks!! I can't wait for it to be here already! I'm running The Woodlands Half Marathon on March 2nd. I decided my goal is just to finish...not to have a specific "Time Goal" since it's my first half :)

Post a Comment