Sunday, January 27, 2013

Being a Mom of Boys

When we first found out we were pregnant with Hunter I was over the moon excited!! I had it set in my mind that we were going to have a little girl and she would be girly and prissy and I would put bows in her hair, put her in petty dresses and everything would be glittery and all sunshine and rainbows...
Until that ultrasound at 16 weeks confirmed it was a BOY! Now don't get me wrong, I was still happy but I will admit I was disappointed that what I had planned was not the reality. I think it took about another month after that before I really accepted the fact that we were not having a girl and that I was going to have to learn to love cars and trucks and dirt!
It didn't take long to discover that I love being a mom to a little boy! They're easy as pie. Not only are they 12 times easier to dress since everything pretty much matches and goes together but there is no hair to fix and put bows in!
But, there we were 4 years after Hunter was born, sitting in the ultrasound room waiting to hear the verdict of the sex of our second little miracle. This time I thought for sure I would get my girl. NOPE, another boy. Once again I was stuck in the middle of a bit of disappointment and the joy that this pregnancy was totally healthy because we had suffered a very emotional and difficult miscarriage just a year before.
I can now say that I love my boys and the thought of having girls scares me. They're sassy and moody and expensive lol!! Plus with boys, I am still Queen of the House. And boys love their moms forever and ever no matter what! I think I was made to be a mom of 2 sweet little rambunctious, messy, adorable men.







0 comments:

Post a Comment