Monday, February 18, 2013

On the mend

So it's been a week since my epic fall and my ankle is still bruised and slightly swollen. I went to the doctor last week and thankfully she didn't tell me that I couldn't run my half marathon! I think if she would have said otherwise I might have had a nervous breakdown. Instead I was instructed to REST an take some steroids to aid in the healing. I gotta say, I think they've really helped! I'm still not 100% better but I'm getting there!
I opted to skip my 7 mile training run with my group yesterday. After hearing from everyone that it wasn't a good idea it finally clicked that they were right. Why risk hurting my ankle more?! So instead I just did 2.25 miles. At a SLOW and EASY pace :) I think it was just right though because my ankle wasn't too painful afterwards today.

Today was also the first day of my Total Sugar Rehaul!! I've been prepping for it for a while, cutting out more and more foods with added sugar but today was the start of no more sugar. Why, you ask?? Well I'll tell you! I've been having issues with lightheadedness...yes it's a word now...and my doctor said to try cutting out sugar. Not ALL sugars, just foods and drinks with added sugars. So my fruits are still A-OKAY!
But foods with added real and artificial sweetners are out. I'm praying this helps. We'll see! Fingers crossed ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment