Sunday, February 10, 2013

Being a Productive Bump on a Log

Have a mentioned yet that I HATE sitting around and doing nothing?! I hate it with a passion! But after my wonderful fall yesterday that's what I've been doing. Sitting and resting with my ankle propped up, wrapped up and icing it.
Every time I get antsy and try to get up to do something my wonderful husband yells and reminds me that I only have 3 weeks until The Woodlands Half Marathon! And he's right, I know he is. I would hate it if after all my training and anticipating for this race to not be able to run it!

The good thing about being stuck on the couch is that it gives me plenty of time to do things I've been putting off. Like getting caught up on all my emails. And doing some party planning. And looking up parks to go running in. And finding a few virtual runs.
I've been meaning to look into more virtual runs because between marathon training, MS150 training, planning the boy's birthdays and everything else I have on my plate, it seems like I just don't have enough time to do it all!! And with virtuals, if I'm running the distance already during the week on my training runs then why not make them count for something!
So today I signed up for my first Virtual Half Marathon of the season...The Fit, Fab and Lean in 2013!
http://fitfabandleanin2013.weebly.com/
And it benefits the "Relay for life" for the American Cancer Society. Such a great cause!

I'm narrowing down my list of other virtual half marathons too. So far between now and June I'm on track to run 5 half marathons, 2 5K's and a 10K! Whew ;)



2 comments:

Post a Comment