Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Moms RUN This Town

I'm all about empowering women to get out there and get active, especially moms. I know first hand how hard it is to find time for yourself while taking care of a husband, the kids, the house and everything in between. I'm not going to lie, there are some days that I feel like just locking myself in my closet with a bottle of wine and throwing in the towel. But I can't. Because I'm a mom and that's not something that is allowed.
I've found that running and working out is absolutely my therapy. It's a chance for me to get out any aggression and have some peace and alone time. And I really like being able to encourage other moms to make time to do that for themselves too.
I recently stumbled upon a website, Moms RUN This Town. It's a nation-wide running club for moms...http://momsrunthistown.com/
With over 140 chapters across the US it brings moms together for a little running fellowship whether it be weekly runs or local races. I started looking at the chapters in Texas and saw something missing...nothing for the North Houston Area!
So that got me thinking. I'm a mom. I like to run. I like to run with other people. I like to organize events. Why don't I start a North Houston Chapter?!? So, I did!
I have already gotten to know a lot of really awesome Mother Runners in the area and we have our first  Meet and Greet Run next week!! I love it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment