Friday, September 27, 2013

Woman Up!


I started my marathon training in May, right at the beginning of summer and I have gotten used to being slow as a turtle because of the ungodly Texas heat beating down on me every second of the run. But this past Sunday, the first day of fall, brought much much cooler weather and I saw a major difference in my run! 
I had been dreading this run...like dreading to the max because I knew I had never run that far and I knew I would be doing it all alone. But as I was going to bed on Saturday night, getting myself more and more nervous and anxious about the morning ahead, I just so happened to stumble across this...
This struck a cord in my brain and I realized I was getting myself in a tizzy for nothing. Whining and bitching about it wasn't going to do anything but put my head in a bad place and set me up for a bad run. So, I had a little "Come to Jesus" talk with myself and set my alarm for 3:45am so I could be out by 4:00am.
Before I knew it I was up...at 4:30am! AHHH I had overslept!! Instead of getting all worked up and stressed out again I got dressed, ate my PB and Banana Gluten-Free Toast, stretched, grabbed my lights (all 4 of them since it was still super dark out) and headed out the door telling myself "I can do this". I gave myself 4-5 hours to get it done. 
I took one step outside and a blast of cool, crisp fall air hit me in the face and I literally stood there and smiled and thanked GOD for such a gorgeous morning. As I took the corner of my block I thought that I should have brought a jacket because I was chilly. It was 53 degrees out after all!! 
The cooler weather truly was a blessing. I was expecting to finish the 20 miles in 4-5 hours and I actually did it in 3.5 hours! This makes me feel SOOOO much better about the upcoming Marathon! I might even be able to finish it under 5 hours! 



The moral of the run is to Shut your brain up. Stop getting all worked up and talking yourself out of something wonderful. WOMAN UP, Y'all!! Something Wonderful is out there waiting for you to accomplish it. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment