Saturday, September 7, 2013

Longest Run to Date...

Gah! I cannot believe that in just a little over 2 months I will be running my first Full Marathon!! I am both so excited and so terrified at that fact...especially when I remember that just 1 year ago I could hardly run ONE mile without stopping and almost dying. I have come a long way and this weekend I hit a major milestone...my longest run to date. 
So far before this I had topped out at 15 miles and Saturday I had a 17 miler scheduled. Let me tell ya, I was not lookin forward to this run. I just could not get my head in the game all last week. But I made sure I ate right and hydrated properly to make life a bit easier. I found the best amino powder and it's really helped with my cardio and lifting workouts! 
I woke up and met my running buddies and we headed out at 6am for the run. I was still a little sleepy but around the first mile in we saw a skunk {only about 10 feet away from us} and that woke me up real quick! 
I wasn't going for speed on this run, I really just needed to get the miles in and when my Garmin beeped for the 17 mile completion I was so happy and proud of myself. 
Only 9.2 miles more and I would have had my marathon...but who am I kidding, I REALLY need to work my way up to that. 
I have 20 miles scheduled the Saturday after this coming one...that'll be my next milestone run. I'm really looking forward to that Run!! Let's hope I don't die in the process hahaha! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment