Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My worst nightmare...at least one of them...

Well, I finally went back to the doctor to get my ankle looked at again. It's been 3 weeks since the initial visit and in all honesty I should have gone back sooner. But I'm crazy and stubborn and didn't want him to tell me that I couldn't run the half marathon.
Anyway, I went back today and after lots of X-rays and examining it turns out I have a pretty nasty fractured fibula. My doctor said he was surprised that I not only finished the half but that I did it in 2:40. I told him I was pretty determined lol!!
The good news, if there is any to be found, is that I can still walk, work on upper body and abs and as long as I stabilize my ankle I can still do the Iron Warrior Dash.
Pray I don't go TOO crazy over the next month not being able to run or do most cardio!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment