Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Injured Runner Diet

I've come to terms that I am going to have to change quite a few things over the next month if I want to make it through with this boot and my sanity.

I know that my biggest issue is going to be modifying my diet. As a runner, you rely on the extra calories to refuel your body after a good run or workout session. I've gotten used to eating accordingly. Well now, my calorie burn is going to drop significantly since my workouts will be less cardio and less intense. I'm anticipating a slight weight gain and loss of strength and endurance but that doesn't mean I can just eat whatever I want! No, no...now more than ever my diet is very important. I need to make sure I'm getting enough calcium to help repair my fracture and eating to help my muscles keep up the burn with what exercises I can still do.

Now this brings me to the purpose of this post...My Injured Runner Diet. It might sound like a no-brainer...just eat slightly less and continue to eat clean and healthy. Well, yes, in theory that's what I've got to do. But I am going to need to be held accountable since I tend to graze on not so good things when I'm stressed and upset and bored. (And I know being in the damn boot will make me be all 3 of those things)

So, I am going to be blogging all of my meals for the next month while I'm in the boot! The good and the bad. I will be totally open and honest and hopefully this will keep me on track!

Wish me luck!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment