Tuesday, April 9, 2013

And the BOOT Saga Continues...

Monday was my 1 month follow up appointment for my fractured fibula and I was so excited! I knew for sure that I would go in there and my doctor would tell me that everything was perfect, that the fracture was all healed and that I could get out in the beautiful weather and start running like there was no tomorrow. Ummm...I was obviously living in a fantasy world because I was VERY VERY wrong!
As I sat there in the chair looking at my X-ray films with my doctor with a big smile on my face I started to get really anxious. He says "Everything looks great." So I ask him "Does that mean I can start running again?" What happened next was what I had been dreading...he says "NO!"
Apparently, (and I knew this would probably be the case deep down) he wants me to make sure I'm fully healed and that my muscles and tendons are nice and strong again first. So...I've got 2 more weeks in the boot then 4 weeks in an ankle brace after that. Plus I now have to do physical therapy and electrotherapy 3 times a week for at 3-4 weeks. Sheesh!! So, that's where I stand with my disappointment.
It'll be over soon enough...hopefully!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment