Saturday, December 29, 2012

I am not Superwoman

I've been sick...like really sick with a horrible cold. Actually, the whole house has it and let me just say it has been awful!! I made myself rest as much as I could during the week while still taking care of a very sick little man. So I didn't run since last Saturday.
Well, I got up super early like I do every Saturday morning to meet my running coach and running buddies thinking I'd be just fine since we were only scheduled to run 3 miles. I got all bundled up with my ear warmers, fleece and gloves. However, I was not factoring in that is was really flipping freezing out (actually below freezing, a lovely 29°. Ugh!!) or that I had all sorts of gunk in my head and chest still. So right around the 3 mile mark I got pale and woozy and almost passed out. I forget that even though I can push my body to the limit sometimes I am in fact NOT Superwoman.
On the plus side, I got to try out my new Garmin Forerunner that my wonderful hubby got me for Christmas. I love it! If you don't have one already, I highly recommend it. It's so easy to track your workouts :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment