Sunday, January 27, 2013

Finding my Happy Place

Ever since I can remember I have had one goal when it comes to my body...to lose weight! I can't remember a time when I didn't want to drop a few or more pounds. It has been a constant battle and one that has brought on many issues with my health, both physically and mentally.
Most women also share the urge to want to be thinner. It's just the way society works these days.
I am embarrassed to admit it but as a little girl I worshiped all of the models in fashion magazines and wanted to look just like them. Sad, I know, but I just thought they were so perfect looking...while I was sitting there with buck-teeth and acne and an un-dying LOVE for food! I mean, I. LOVE. FOOD! I love to eat it, cook it, smell it, watch cooking shows, find new recipes...I think you get the point lol! The only thing I don't like about food is the fact that it has calories and such.
This love/hate relationship with food had plagued my entire teenage and most of my early adult years. It wasn't until a few months ago while in the process of losing my baby-weight from Ethan that I realized that I had been going at it all wrong my entire life!! After reaching my "goal weight" I noticed something...I was still not happy with my appearance. I had been chasing a number on the scale thinking that once I got it then everything in the world would be right. But I was wrong. I realized that I needed some muscle on my puny frame and the only way to get my body to look the way I wanted it to would mean I would need to eat to gain weight from my muscles and change some old habits.
So now instead of "dieting" and feeling miserable I am loving the fact that I have learned that I need to properly fuel my body so I can get it to perform at its best while I'm breaking a major sweat in the gym. I've finally found my happy place and I'm never leaving it! :)
This brings me to my next venture in life...but for now I'll just keep you guessing what it is. Stay tuned ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment