Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Time to Get Real!


If you've been following my blog for any length of time then you will know that I am in the midst of training for my first Full Marathon, Rock n' Roll San Antonio. And although I have a real love for running and endurance sports, I do believe that I found my real place in the fitness scene...Lifting and Muscle Building. No, I didn't say Body Building because that usually brings to mind visions of overly veiny, super manly women and that is definitely NOT the look I am going for...not offense to anyone, that's just not for me personally. 
This brings me to a pretty big, and scarey, announcement...I have taken the plunge and am now in the beginning stages of Bikini Competition Prep. Yup, me...mother of 2...entering a Bikini Competition. What exactly is a Bikini Competition?? It's a category in the Figure Competition World...Bikini, Fitness, Figure. It's confusing, yes I know, But here are a few examples of the differences...

Bikini:


Fitness:


Figure:


Big differences, Right?!? Maybe one day I will be able to gain enough muscle to so Fitness but for now I am starting off with Bikini.

The Prep for Competition is pretty intense. And I can't REALLY start buckling down and really preparing until after the marathon due to needing to cut out intense cardio but I CAN start Upperbody work. 

Let's get beastin'!! I'm working on finalizing my training and eating plan so stay tuned!! 







2 comments:

Darin Armstrong said...

From: Darin Armstrong #TeamLIVESTRONG

Hello Charissa,
Just a quick email to ask if you would be interested in a ‘mutual’ following on twitter that will benefit you. (#FYI I do RT’s ‘ANYTIME’ for all #Triathletes #Cyclists #UltraRunners #Marathoners #FitnessProfessionals who follow me on Twitter and have something important they want mentioned for support…Over 41K folks at your access…) I am currently following you now and am awaiting your follow-back…

All the very best to you & your family for the rest of 2013 & beyond Charissa. Look forward to hearing from you…

(PS. Charissa, should you follow back, I’ll be mentioning you in my #FollowFriday #Shoutouts next Friday…)

Darin
twitter.com/DarinArmstrong
#TeamLIVESTRONG

Sue @ This Mama Runs for Cupcakes said...

Wow, you go girl! You will do great, and you don't have much work to do, you look fabulous!

Post a Comment